1pre baked pie crust
1 can(s)(12 oz) evaporated milk
1 1/2 cmilk
1 tspvanilla extract
1/4 cplus 2 of cornstarch
1/4 cmilk chocolate chips
1 cfinely chopped butterfinger candy bar
1 cwhipping cream, whipped and sweetened with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 ccoarsely chopped butterfinger candy bar for garnish
How to Make Butterfinger Crunch Cream Pie
- In a large saucepan, bring evaporated milk, milk, and vanilla to simmer.
- In medium bowl mix eggs, egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- While whisking egg mixture, slowly ladle about half of hot milk mixture into bowl to warm egg mixture.
- Add warmed mixture to saucepan, whisking into remaining milk mixture.
- Bring slowly to a boil to thicken and remove from heat.
- Remove 1 cup of hot pie filling to small bowl and stir in milk chocolate chips until melted.
- Spread the milk chocolate filling in bottom of pie shell, put in refrigerator.
- Continue to let remaining vanilla filling to cool, stirring occasionally.
- When filling is at room temperature (important to be totally cool) fold in the 1 cup chopped butterfinger.
- Spread over milk chocolate layer in pie shell.
- Put piece of parchment or wax paper on filling and refrigerate pie until set.
- Spread whipped cream over pie and garnish with the 1/2 cup coarsely chopped butterfinger.