Brown Sugar Lattice Apple Pie
I have experimented with and have in my collection several apple pie recipes and this one is undoubtedly one of my favorites. I always get rave reviews from everyone when this is served!
- 9 inch double pie crust
- 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 8 medium
- apples (granny smith), peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 pinch
How to Make Brown Sugar Lattice Apple Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white and brown sugars, and spices and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and simmer.
- 2Place bottom crust in pan. Fill with apples and mound slightly.
- 3Cover with a lattice crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter mixture from saucepan slowly over the crust, through the lattice work and down through the "holes", slowly so that it doesn't run off.
- 4Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 50 minutes, or until middle of pie is bubbly and top is browned.