Boston Cream Pie
How to Make Boston Cream Pie
- 1Prepare the cake mix as instructed, but use only 1 cake round.
- 2Allow to cool and cut 1 layer into 2 thin layers.
- 3Freeze remaining layer for later use.
- 4On low speed, beat heavy cream and half and half with instant pudding mix until it is very thick.
- 5Make sure cake layer is very cold and spread the cream mixture over one of the think cake layers.
- 6Place the remaining thin cake layer on top of the cream.
- 7Prepare the icing and pour 1/2 cup over top of cake.
- 8Combine and melt the chocolate, butter and water in the microwave.
- 9With a wire whisk or mixer add the powdered sugar a bit at a time to reach the desired thickness.
- 10Pour on cake and refrigerate.