Boston Cream Pie
How to Make Boston Cream Pie
- Prepare the cake mix as instructed, but use only 1 cake round.
- Allow to cool and cut 1 layer into 2 thin layers.
- Freeze remaining layer for later use.
- On low speed, beat heavy cream and half and half with instant pudding mix until it is very thick.
- Make sure cake layer is very cold and spread the cream mixture over one of the think cake layers.
- Place the remaining thin cake layer on top of the cream.
- Prepare the icing and pour 1/2 cup over top of cake.
- Combine and melt the chocolate, butter and water in the microwave.
- With a wire whisk or mixer add the powdered sugar a bit at a time to reach the desired thickness.
- Pour on cake and refrigerate.