Blueberry Pie with Graham Cracker Crust and Crumb Topping
1 1/2 cgraham cracker crumbs
1/2 cmelted butter
3-4 cfresh or frozen blueberries (without syrup)
4 Tbsplemon juice
1/4 cbutter (softened)
How to Make Blueberry Pie with Graham Cracker Crust and Crumb Topping
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Graham Cracker Crust:
Combine graham cracker crumbs, one stick of butter and water. Press into pie plate and refrigerate for 1 hour (to prevent crumbling when serving)
- Rinse blueberries. Pick out and remove any bits of stems, leaves and soft or mushy berries. It is easiest to do this in a large bowl of water and gently run your hands through the berries as they float. With your fingers slightly apart, you will easily feel any soft or mushy berries get caught in your fingers.
- Combine the 2/3 cup sugar, 7 Tablespoons of corn starch in a bowl and mix well! stir in either 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and/or 1/4 teaspoon of allspice, mixed in (optional)
- Add the 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice, and 3 Tablespoons of water (or grape juice) and stir it up.
- Pour blueberries into pie crust. There's lots of air space and it will cook down, so don't worry if they mound up about an inch (2.5 cm) above the edge of the plate.
- pour the mixture of sugar, juice, etc. into the pie all over the blueberries. If it is a gloppy liquid, don’t worry, just pour it somewhat evenly over the top. But it doesn’t take perfection; it will smooth itself out in the oven.
- Crumb Topping:
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup butter
Mix together in a small bowl and sprinkle it over the pie.
- Bake 375F for 1 hour or until golden brown and filling is bubbly. Will keep 1 week in the frige (if it lasts that long)