BLUEBERRY CRUMB PIE by Rose
1pie crust shell
1 can(s)21oz blueberry pie filling
·for the topping:
1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 cpacked brown sugar
3 Tbspchopped pecans
1 tspground cinnamon
1/4 ccold butter (1/2 stick)
How to Make BLUEBERRY CRUMB PIE by Rose
- Preheat your oven to 425* (in my case I used 400* because my oven runs on the hot side).
Place the blueberry pie filling into the frozen pie crust shell (or whatever pie crust shell you chose).
- For the topping: Mix together the flour, brown sugar, sugar, chopped pecans, ground cinnamon.
- Using a pastry blender cut in the butter. To make this easier I cut the butter into smaller chunks and placed them in the bowl, then used the pastry blender. Mix until you have course crumbs.
- Place ALL of the crumbs on top of the blueberry filling in the pie shell.
Put the pie on a cookie sheet for easier handling and just in case some of the filling boils over. This will save you time if clean-up is needed. I also line the cookie sheet with aluminum foil...again for easier clean-up.
- Put the pie into the oven and set your timer for 20 minutes. When the timer goes off check the pie crust. It was at this point that I used foil to cover the edges of my pie crust so that it did not burn in the last minutes of baking. I also turned the pie around so that it would cook more evenly as my oven tends to be a little hotter in the back.
- Your pie should be done in about 15 minutes. Keep a close eye on it. When the blueberry filling looks like its bubbling through the crumb topping and the crumb topping is a nice medium brown, your pie is done.
- Cool the pie on the counter. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready for a real sweet treat. I'm sure you are going to love the results.
- Note: The crumb topping mix recipe is from Taste Of Home. All the pictures are mine. I took them as I made the pie. Enjoy!