BLUEBERRY CRUMB PIE by Rose
- pie crust shell
- 1 can(s)
- 21oz blueberry pie filling
- for the topping:
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c
- 3 Tbsp
- chopped pecans
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/4 c
- cold butter (1/2 stick)
How to Make BLUEBERRY CRUMB PIE by Rose
- 1Preheat your oven to 425* (in my case I used 400* because my oven runs on the hot side).
Place the blueberry pie filling into the frozen pie crust shell (or whatever pie crust shell you chose).
- 2For the topping: Mix together the flour, brown sugar, sugar, chopped pecans, ground cinnamon.
- 3Using a pastry blender cut in the butter. To make this easier I cut the butter into smaller chunks and placed them in the bowl, then used the pastry blender. Mix until you have course crumbs.
- 4Place ALL of the crumbs on top of the blueberry filling in the pie shell.
Put the pie on a cookie sheet for easier handling and just in case some of the filling boils over. This will save you time if clean-up is needed. I also line the cookie sheet with aluminum foil...again for easier clean-up.
- 5Put the pie into the oven and set your timer for 20 minutes. When the timer goes off check the pie crust. It was at this point that I used foil to cover the edges of my pie crust so that it did not burn in the last minutes of baking. I also turned the pie around so that it would cook more evenly as my oven tends to be a little hotter in the back.
- 6Your pie should be done in about 15 minutes. Keep a close eye on it. When the blueberry filling looks like its bubbling through the crumb topping and the crumb topping is a nice medium brown, your pie is done.
- 7Cool the pie on the counter. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready for a real sweet treat. I'm sure you are going to love the results.
- 8Note: The crumb topping mix recipe is from Taste Of Home. All the pictures are mine. I took them as I made the pie. Enjoy!