Blue Ribbon Peach Cobbler
- 3 can(s)
- peaches in light syrup drain 1 can (frozen peahes can be used but add more sugar to taste
- 1/2 stick
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- 2 tsp
- cinnamon (save 1 tsp for dusting the bottom of the pan
- 1/4 c
- 1 pkg
- refrigerated pie crust
How to Make Blue Ribbon Peach Cobbler
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Pour all ingredients except the flour and 1 tsp. of cinnamon in a 2 quart sauce pan. Draining 1 can of peaches. Simmer on low until butter and sugar have melted.
- 3While that simmers, spray the baking dish with butter flavored Pam and lightly dust it with 1 tsp. cinnamon.
- 4Roll out 1 sheet of dough and line your pan. Be sure to stretch it to fit the shape of your pan.
- 5Remove the filling from the stove and pour it into your crust. It will be really soupy so sprinkle the flour into the pan and lightly stir. You will have small lumps but these will break during baking.
- 6Roll out your second crust and place it on top to close your cobbler. Pierce the middle with a sharp knife to vent.
- 7Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until top crust is golden brown.
- 8Glaze the top crust with melted butter. Let it cool for 15-20 minutes and serve!