Blackberry Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 c
- rhubarb - cut up small
- 2 c
- 1 c
- strawberries sliced
- 1¼ c
- 1/4 to 1/3 c
- all purpose flour
- your favorite pie crust for 2 crust pie
- ¼ tsp
How to Make Blackberry Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- 1Make a 2 crust pie crust using your favorite recipe. This pie is a 10 inch deep dish pie.
- 2Preheat oven to 425°. Hint: If you will put a cast iron skillet upside down in the oven and preheat also, then set the pie on it to bake you will get a nicer browned crust on the bottom.
- 3Sift together flour, sugar and salt.
- 4Put bottom crust in 10 inch pie plate.
- 5Sprinkle about a fourth of the dry mixture in the bottom of the pie crust.
- 6Heap mixed up fruit and rhubarb in the pie crust and sprinkle the rest of the dry ingredients on top. If you prefer you can toss the fruit with the rest of the dry ingredients and then put it in the pie crust. I cut the rhubarb small, slice the strawberries and put the blackberries in whole.
- 7Dot with butter. Put on top crust and be sure to seal it as well as you can. Do not be surprised if it runs over a bit and as a precaution you can put aluminum foil under it if you like.
- 8Bake at 425° for 10 minutes sitting on top of the cast iron skillet. Reduce heat to 350° and bake another 40-50 minutes. If the crust starts to get too brown on top, put aluminum foil on it for the last part of the baking or use one of the aluminum rings they now make for that purpose.