Birthday Chicken Pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1chicken breasts, whole
1 1/2 ccorn kernels, frozen
1 cchicken stock
4eggs, hard boiled
1pie crust shell
1refrigerated pie crust
·salt and pepper
How to Make Birthday Chicken Pie
- Boil chicken breast in salted water and set aside to cool. Pick apart or cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Boil eggs for 9 minutes and cool in ice water. Slice and set aside.
- In a large pot, boil the potatoes in one cup of water, one cup of milk. Add a whole celery rib and salt and pepper to taste. Boil until potatoes are tender.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Remove celery rib from potatoes. Add chicken pieces, sliced hard-boiled eggs, the frozen corn and one cup of chicken stock. Stir chicken mixture gently over medium heat until mixture is married well and the broth thickens.
- Remove frozen pie shell from the freezer and immediately pour in the chicken mixture. Top with the refrigerated pie crust. Cut holes to vent and pop it in the hot oven.
- You might have leftover pie filling! It makes a great chowder for the next day's lunch if you add some extra chicken stock. If you like a lot of gravy, make some using the chicken stock, salt pepper and some flour paste.
- Use a pie crust cover to prevent burning. After 15 minutes, turn the oven heat back to 375 degrees. Bake for at least one hour or until the crust is golden brown. Enjoy!