☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 ccold whole milk (divided into 1 c. and 1/2 c.
13 1/2 oz1 can pure coconut milk
3egg yolks, at room temperature
1whole egg, at room temperature
2 Tbspbutter, at room temperature
1 tspcoconut extract
15 oz1 can cream of coconut
2 1/2 cshredded flaked coconut
How to Make Cream Pie
- Place ½ C. Cold Milk in a medium-size mixing bowl and sprinkle the Gelatin over top. Set aside to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Bring remaining 1 C. Whole Milk and Coconut Milk to nearly a boil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- When Gelatin is soft, add Sugar, Cornstarch, Egg Yolks and Egg a whisk until very well blended.
- Gradually whisk about ¼ C. of the hot milk mixture into the gelatin mixture, repeat this process once or twice using about ¾ C. of the hot milk mixture.
- Pour the warmed gelatin mixture into the saucepan with the hot milk and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for about 3 more minutes or until the mixture is very thick.
- Strain the pastry cream through a fine wire strainer into a large clean bowl.
- Whisk into pastry cream mixture, Butter, Coconut Extract and Cream Of Coconut until smooth.
- Stir in 2 C. Shredded Coconut
- Pour into a cooled pie shell and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Top with Stabilized Whipped Cream Topping and toasted Shredded Coconut.