☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 1/2 c
- cold whole milk (divided into 1 c. and 1/2 c.
- 13 1/2 oz
- 1 can pure coconut milk
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- egg yolks, at room temperature
- whole egg, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp
- coconut extract
- 15 oz
- 1 can cream of coconut
- 2 1/2 c
- shredded flaked coconut
How to Make Cream Pie
- 1Place ½ C. Cold Milk in a medium-size mixing bowl and sprinkle the Gelatin over top. Set aside to soften, about 5 minutes.
- 2Bring remaining 1 C. Whole Milk and Coconut Milk to nearly a boil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- 3When Gelatin is soft, add Sugar, Cornstarch, Egg Yolks and Egg a whisk until very well blended.
- 4Gradually whisk about ¼ C. of the hot milk mixture into the gelatin mixture, repeat this process once or twice using about ¾ C. of the hot milk mixture.
- 5Pour the warmed gelatin mixture into the saucepan with the hot milk and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for about 3 more minutes or until the mixture is very thick.
- 6Strain the pastry cream through a fine wire strainer into a large clean bowl.
- 7Whisk into pastry cream mixture, Butter, Coconut Extract and Cream Of Coconut until smooth.
- 8Stir in 2 C. Shredded Coconut
- 9Pour into a cooled pie shell and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- 10Top with Stabilized Whipped Cream Topping and toasted Shredded Coconut.