Best Ever Lemon Meringue Pie
My husband loves Lemon Pie, so I had to try it. To this day I still make this.
My granddaughter made this a few months back and fell in love with it. The picture showing is the one she made. The recipe is very simple. You definitely won't be disappointed.
1baked 9-inch pie shell
1/3 clemon juice
3egg yolks ( save egg whites, set aside for meringue)
1-1/2 tsplemon extract
How to Make Best Ever Lemon Meringue Pie
- Mix sugar and cornstarch together in the top of a double broiler. Stir in 2 cups of water.
- Combine egg yolks with lemon juice and beat until well mixed; Add to sugar mixture.
Cook over boiling water until thick- about 20 minutes. ( This does away with the starchy taste.)
- Now add the lemon extract, butter and vinegar and stir thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into 9- inch pie shell and let cool.
- NEVER FAIL MERINGUE
1 tablespoon of cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
1/2 cup boiling water
Three egg whites
6 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
- Turn oven on to 350 degrees.
Blend cornstarch and cold water in a sauce pan.
Add boiling water and cook, stirring until clear and thickened.
Let stand until completely cold.
- With the electric beater at high-speed beat egg whites until foamy.
Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff but not dry. Turn mixer to low-speed and add salt and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in cold cornstarch mixture.
Turn mixer again to high and beat well.
- Spread meringue over cooled pie filling.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until top is lightly brown.