Best Apple Pie.
1 boxrefrigerated pie crusts
6 ccortland apples, peeled and thinly sliced (6 med apples)
1 Tbsplemon juice
3/4 tspground cinnamon
1/8 tspground nutmeg
1 Tbspbutter, cubed
How to Make Best Apple Pie.
- Heat oven to 425*, place 1 pie crust in 9-in pie plate & press.
- Mix filling ingredients; pour into bottom pie crust.
- Top with lattice-style crust. Press top & bottom crusts together on sides of pie plate. Sprinkle crust with cinnamon & sugar, if desired. *Do NOT let the crust get warm before baking!*
- Drop butter chunks in open spots on the crust, wherever it looks good.
- Bake 40-45 minutes. Cover edges with foil after 15 minutes of baking.
- Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours before serving.