BERRY-APPLE FANTASY PIE
★★★★★ 2 votes5
4 tspquick cooking tapioca
1/2 tspground cinnamon
2 cfresh blackberries
2 csliced, peeled apples
2 Tbspbutter, cut up
·pastry for double-crust pie
How to Make BERRY-APPLE FANTASY PIE
- Prepare the pastry and divide in half. Form each half into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, roll one ball of the pastry into a 12-inch circle. Transfer the rolled-out pastry into a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, tapioca, and cinnamon. Add the blackberries and apple slices. Toss gently until coated. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Spoon the filling into the pastry-lined pie plate. Dot with butter. Trim pastry even with edge of the pie plate. Moisten the edge of the pastry with water.
- Roll out the remaining pastry as before. Cut slits in the pastry to let steam escape. Place pastry on the filling. Trim the top crust to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold top pastry and crimp edge. Cover edge of crust with foil to prevent over-browning.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven for 25 minutes. Remove the foil. Bake for another 20 to 25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.