- 1/2 stick
- oleo (or butter)
- 1 c
- 6 Tbsp
- flour (i use heaping tbsp)
- 1 c
- egg yolks
- baked 9 in pie shell
How to Make Basic Cream Pie..Multi Use
- 1Melt 1/2 stick oleo in saucepan. Remove from burner.
- 2Add the flour, sugar, milk, using whisk to mix well.
Put back on burner, medium heat, and whisk constantly until it has thickened.
- 3Stir together the 3 egg yolks. When mixture above is thickened remove from burner, add 2 or 3 Tablespoons to egg yolks to warm them. Next add the yolks to the mixture in the saucepan, whisking as you pour. You don't put back on burner.
- 41) To make pineapple pie, I add an 8 oz can crushed pineapple and stir well. Pour into baked 9 in pie shell. Chill and top with whipped cream.
2) For chocolate pies, I add 2 - 3 tablespoons of Hershey's Cocoa Natural Unsweetened (can use other dry cocoa). This I add with the sugar at beginning.
3) For coconut pies I add a small can of coconut after cooking before pouring into the baked pie shell.