★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- lemon juice, fresh or more to taste
- egg yolks
- nilla wafer or graham cracker pie crusts
- 1 box
- vanilla wafer cookies
How to Make Banana Puddin' Pie
- 1Squeeze 2-3 large lemons to make about a cup and a half of juice. Set aside 1 cup. slice the bananas into small round slices and pour remaining 1/2 cup of lemon juice over them to keep them from turning brown.
- 2Use a hand mixer to blend condensed milk, egg yolks, and vanilla. Then add lemon juice slowly until mixture thickens slightly.
- 3Layer pie crust with a small layer of filling then add bananas then crush several vanilla wafers on top. add another layer of filling, bananas , and cookies. Then top with a filling and garnish with crushed vanilla wafers and a few banana slices
- 4bake pie on 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Just to slightly brown the top. Chill for an hour or let cool for 20 minutes and serve warm.
- 5You can use Vanilla wafer cookies and melted butter to make a crust instead of using a per-made one.
Also is excellent with strawberries and a mixture of strawberries and bananas.