Banana And Coffee Pie
- 1 stick
- butter, unsalted melted
- 1 c
- graham crackers, crumbs pulverized in a food processor
- 2 tsp
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- 1/4 c
- confectioners' sugar
- drops coffee extract or 2 generous pinches instant espresso
- ripe bananas peeled and sliced into rounds
- generous 1/3 cup hazelnuts crushed and toasted
How to Make Banana And Coffee Pie
- 1Preheat the oven to 400. To prepare the crust combine thoroughly in a bowl the butter, graham cracker crumbs and sugar.
- 2Press the mixture evenly over the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Bake for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 3Combine the cream, confectioners sugar and coffee extract in a mixing bowl and whip until medium peaks form.
- 4Cover the crust with sliced bananas and top with the hazelnuts. Best served and eaten that day but can be refrigerated up to 1 day.