1 boxrefrigerated pie crusts, softened
2 1/2 cfinely chopped walnuts
1/4 cbrown sugar
1 1/2 tspcinnamon
3/4 cbutter melted and cooled
1 Tbsplemon juice
How to Make BAKLAVA PIE
- Heat oven to 325°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie pan with cooking spray. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using sprayed pie pan.... NO need to cook bottom pie crust before adding ingredients.
- In medium bowl, mix walnuts, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and the cinnamon. Pour and evenly spread 1/4 cup of the cooled melted butter over bottom of pie crust. Spread walnut mixture evenly over butter. Drizzle another 1/4 cup butter over nut mixture.
- Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut large slits in several places in top crust for steam to escape. Drizzle remaining 1/4 cup butter evenly over top crust.
- Bake at 45 to 55 minutes or until golden brown. About 5 minutes before removing pie from oven, in 1-quart saucepan, cook honey and lemon juice over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture has a watery consistency.
- Remove pie from oven; place on wire rack. Slowly pour hot honey mixture evenly over top of hot pie, making sure it seeps into slits in top crust. Cool at least 3 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, Top with dabs of cool-whip or homemade whipped topping.