Baked Apple Turnovers
- flour tortillas
- 3 large
- granny smith apples, diced (peeled if you prefer)
- 1 c
- chopped or sliced almonds
- 1/2 c
- chopped pecans
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- agave nectar
- stevia to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon, squeezed
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- enough milk to create icing consistency
How to Make Baked Apple Turnovers
- 1Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- 2Melt butter in large skillet, then add apples and lemon juice.
- 3Cook for 5-7 minutes to tenderize, then add nuts, sugar, agave, stevia, cinnamon, and salt.
- 4Continue cooking, adding a few TB of water as needed to make it close to a "pie filling" consistency.
- 5Place 1/4 filling mixture onto tortilla and fold in half. Make 4 turnovers and place on greased baking sheet.
- 6Spray the tops of turnovers with oil or baste lightly with butter.
- 7Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.
- 8While turnovers are baking, prepare the icing by mixing powdered sugar, vanilla & milk in small bowl.
- 9Allow to cool for a few minutes before drizzling icing over the tops. Serve warm.