Bahamian Pineapple-Coconut Tart
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- pastry for a 9-inch pie crust
- 8 oz
- pineapple jam
- 4 oz
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 large
- 2 oz
- ground coconut (or 4 ounces fresh)
- 1/4 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- coconut rum (or vanilla extract or almond extract)
How to Make Bahamian Pineapple-Coconut Tart
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Roll pastry out thinly to form a square. Line bottom and sides of a 9-inch square cake pan with the pastry. Spread the jam over the pastry.
- 3Beat butter and sugar together. Gradually beat in eggs. Mix in coconut, flour, rum (or extract). Pour over the jam layer.
- 4Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the pastry is lightly golden.