Bacon-Peanut Butter Pie
- chocolate pie crust; store bought
- 8 slices bacon;candied & cooked
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup peanut butter; creamy
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup dry roasted salted peanuts; chopped
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
How to Make Bacon-Peanut Butter Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 400. Coat bacon with brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Place on a cookie sheet covered with foil and cook for 12 minutes on each side or until done. Remove and place on wax paper.
- 2Heat 1/2 cup sugar and milk in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and whisk in peanut butter and vanilla until combined well, then transfer to a bowl and cool completely in an ice bath, stir.
Beat cream with an electric mixer until it just holds stiff peaks, then fold into peanut butter mixture with peanuts and 5 slices of chopped bacon gently but thoroughly. Transfer filling to pie shell, smoothing top.
Cut remaining 3 bacon slices into 2-inch-long pieces and arrange in a decorative starburst shape in center of pie. Freeze pie, uncovered, until frozen hard, about 5 hours. Let pie soften slightly in refrigerator before serving, about 30 minutes.