Bacon Onion Tomato Pie
Lolly St John
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This reminded me of a BLT. It does sound strange, but I just loved the way all the textures and flavors were perfect together. This is a great way to use up the abundance of tomatoes this time of year. The Test Kitchen
- 9 inch pie shell
- large tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 slice
- bacon, cooked and chopped
- sweet onion, sliced or chopped
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- 1 1/2 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c
- Ritz crackers, crushed
- 2 tsp
- butter, melted
- green onions (scallions), sliced
How to Make Bacon Onion Tomato Pie
- 1Prick pie shell with fork and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- 2Fry bacon. Cook till tender. Drain, set aside.
- 3Peel and slice tomatoes to fill bottom of pie shell.
- 4Sprinkle with chopped onion and salt and pepper.
- 5Layer more tomatoes, salt and pepper (again).
- 6Mix mayo, bacon and cheese and milk.
- 7Spoon on top and pat down to cover tomatoes.
- 8Sprinkle with Ritz crackers mixed with melted butter
- 9Sprinkle Scallions on top.
- 10Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.