Award Winning Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
I brought this to a churn potluck and a couple were cleaning the pan out with their fingers after the pan was gone so I went ahead and brought them a pie the next week.
- 3 c
- sliced strawberries
- 3 c
- diced rhubarb
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- double 9" pie crust, ready made or home made
- 2 Tbsp
- cold butter cut into tiny pieces
- fresh lemon, juiced
How to Make Award Winning Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- 1Mix the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, tapioca and lemon juice. Let sit on the counter for 30 minutes. Meanwhile lightly bake the bottom of the pie crust. 5-10 min.
- 2Cool pie crust and then pour in filing. Dot with small pieces of butter. Then cover with other pie crust in whatever fashion you want.
- 3Bake on 400 degrees for 40-45 min. I like to cover the outside edge of the crust with tin foil so it doesn't burn and then towards the end of the baking time I take it off to make sure it's the same color as the rest of the pie crust.
- 4Let stand before serving.