Aunt Totsy Mock Apple Pie
29" pie crusts
·30-36 plain ritz crackers
2 tspcream of tartar
1grated rind of one lemon
2 Tbsplemon juice
1/2 tspcinnamon, ground
1/4 tspnutmeg (optional)
How to Make Aunt Totsy Mock Apple Pie
- Preheat oven to 425'F. Bake this pie for about 30-35 minutes.
- Put the sugar, cream of tartar and water in a saucepan over medium high heat and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for about 15 more minutes. Add the lemon rind and juice. Cool.
- Line your pie tin with one of the pie crusts.
place the Ritz Crackers in the pie crust. Pour the cooled syrup over the crackers.
- Dot with your butter and sprinkle with the spices.
- Put the other pie crust on top. Trim and flute the edges. Put a couple of slits in the top to let the steam out.
- Bake until the crust is crisp and golden. It is recommended you put this pie into the fridge to cool before eating, it tastes much better cool.
- Top with your favourite whipped topping, a slice of cheese or a la mode. It's up to you.
- I had mine with a tall glass of milk and it was so delicious.