Aunt Roby's "not so secret" pie crust
You just don't know good until you've tasted it.
of course, you must make "crusties" with leftover crust dough!
How to Make Aunt Roby's "not so secret" pie crust
- 1mix first three ingredients in a large bowl.
cut in shortening until crumbly.
- 2in small bowl or measuring cup, mix egg vinegar and water.
- 3combine all and mix well.
divide into 4-6 balls and shape into flat patty.
wrap in wax paper or saran wrap individually and chill for at least 30 minutes in fridge.
- 4Patties may be stored in an airtight container for up to one week.
a good way to measure shortening is to fill a liquid measuring cup with 1/4 cup full and then fill with shortening until water line reaches the two cup line...you'll end up with 3/4 cup shortening!
- 5after chilling, roll out your dough. We sandwich it between two sheets of wax paper to avoid sticking.
- 6we usually get two full crusts(one to keep and one to give away or save for pot pie) and enought oeftover for Crusties...
- 7crusties: Roll out dough and cut into stripes.
Twist and place on cookie sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and bake a t 425 degrees
until firm and golden!