Asian Pear Clafouti with a Citrus-Ginger Glaze
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 sheet(s)9x12 inch puff pastry
3 ozsoft goat cheese
2 casian pears, peeled, cored, finely sliced
2/3 ccream or half and half
1/3 corange marmalade
1 Tbspgrated fresh ginger
How to Make Asian Pear Clafouti with a Citrus-Ginger Glaze
- Spray 8 inch springform pan with cooking spray. Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Unroll puff pastry onto a lightly floured parchment paper or counter top. Press pastry with floured fingertips until creases are removed and pastry fits into pan. Gently press pastry into the sprayed springform pan and press pastry up sides of pan to form 2 inch crust or tart shell.
- Break goat cheese into small pieces and place in bottom of shell. Top with sliced pears.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and sugar about 1 minute. Add flour, cream and vanilla. Gently pour mixture over pears.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine orange marmalade, honey, ginger and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer about 3-5 minutes or until mixture reduces by ½. Cool slightly. Brush top of clafouti with glaze. Serve clafouti warm with remaining glaze. Makes 8 servings