Apricot Mini Struesel Tarts
3-4little debbies oatmeal snacks, crumbled
1 1/2 ccrushed animal crackers or grahams
5-6 Tbspbutter, melted
2-3 Tbspsugar if needed
1 lbapricots, washed, pitted and sliced into 1/4" slices
1/2 ceach brown and granulated sugar
1/8 tspeach cinnamon and nutmeg
1 Tbsplemon juice
1/3 csherry wine
1 tspalmond extract
How to Make Apricot Mini Struesel Tarts
- Easy way 1. Use your favorite graham cracker pie crust recipe and add some quick cooking oats to it. 2. Either use canned Apricot filling (EWWW) or make your favorite apricot pie filling recipe and add the sherry and cook on top of the stove til thickened. (Add extract after cooking) 3 Press cracker crust mix into either sprayed muffin tins or lined with paper or foil liners. 4 Spoon in already cooled, cooked filling and top with extra struesel, bake at 350 F. for 10-15 minutes til struesel is browned and crunchy.
- OR>>>>>>> In food processor, crush animal crackers/grahams until fairly fine, add torn up Little Debbies and process together 5-6 pulses. Add sugar if needed and butter, mix again with a few pulses til well incorporated. Remove from processor, save about 1/2-3/4 c mixture for topping and then divide remaining crumb mix into six muffin cups and press well, trying to get some of the mix up the sides of the cup slightly. Bake in 350 oven for 5 minutes to set. Cool.
- Wash, pit and slice apricots, place in bowl with sugars, spices, lemon juice, salt and sherry. Set aside to macerate.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and add the flour. Cook for one minute stirring to cook out the raw flour taste and to avoid browning.
- Add the macerated apricot mixture including all liquids to the butter and flour roux and stir well to avoid lumps. Cook and stir until thickened. Add almond extract in last few minutes of cooking.
- Divide the apricot mixture into the 6 crust lined muffin tins , top with reserved streusel and bake at 350 for approximately 10-15 minutes until struesel is crunchy and slightly browned.
- Cool and serve at room temperature with vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped topping topped with a slice of ripe apricot.