apple stuffed oatmeal pie
1¾ call-purpose flour
¾ cbrown sugar
¾ cbutter, melted
¾ csteel cut oats ( the large ones not instant)
1 tspground cinnamon
2/3 cwhite sugar
3 Tbspcorn starch
1 1/3 cwater ( cold)
4 capple slices ( 1/2 sweet 1/2 tart)
How to Make apple stuffed oatmeal pie
- pre-heat oven to 350
- Combine butter, brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl. Stir until well combined. Set aside about 1 cup of oat mixture for topping.
- For the crust, press rest of oat mixture into bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate
- Stir together cornstarch, cinnamon and sugar in the bottom of a large stock pot. Whisk in cold water. Bring to boil and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in apples and vanilla.
- Dump apple filling onto oatmeal crust. Press on remaining oatmeal topping. Press it firmly into the filling to keep it from sliding off when cooking and slicing.
- Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- let sit overnight to insure the best flavor