apple stuffed oatmeal pie
- 1¾ c
- all-purpose flour
- ¾ c
- brown sugar
- ¾ c
- butter, melted
- ¾ c
- steel cut oats ( the large ones not instant)
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 2/3 c
- white sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 1 1/3 c
- water ( cold)
- 4 c
- apple slices ( 1/2 sweet 1/2 tart)
How to Make apple stuffed oatmeal pie
- 1pre-heat oven to 350
- 2Combine butter, brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl. Stir until well combined. Set aside about 1 cup of oat mixture for topping.
- 3For the crust, press rest of oat mixture into bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate
- 4Stir together cornstarch, cinnamon and sugar in the bottom of a large stock pot. Whisk in cold water. Bring to boil and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in apples and vanilla.
- 5Dump apple filling onto oatmeal crust. Press on remaining oatmeal topping. Press it firmly into the filling to keep it from sliding off when cooking and slicing.
- 6Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7let sit overnight to insure the best flavor