Apple Streusel Dessert Pizza
- streusel topping:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- one 12 inch prebaked pizza crust, such as boboli, or mama mary's gourmet pizza crust
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
How to Make Apple Streusel Dessert Pizza
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2For streusel topping, put sugar and flour in shallow bowl. Add butter. With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the butter til well mixed and crumbly. Refrigerate til ready to use.
- 3In microwave proof bowl, mix apples, cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar. Mix well and microwave on full power for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- 4Brush pizza crust with softened butter.
- 5Sprinkle crust with 1/2 of the streusel topping. Top with the apple mixture. Top with the remaining streusel topping
- 6Put the pizza directly on the oven rack and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, til topping is golden brown. While pizza is baking, mix the icing ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well.
- 7Drizzle icing over warm pizza. Cut pizza into wedges to serve. Serves 8