apple praline pie
·1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
·6 cups (6 medium) thinly sliced peeled apples
·3/4 cup granulated sugar
·1/4 cup all-purpose flour
·1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
·1/4 teaspoon salt
·1 tablespoon butter or margarine
·1/4 cup butter or margarine
·1/2 cup packed brown sugar
·2 tablespoons half-and-half or milk
·1/2 cup chopped pecans
How to Make apple praline pie
- Heat oven to 350°F. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie, using 9-inch glass pie plate.
- In large bowl, mix apples, granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt; toss lightly. Spoon mixture into crust-lined pie plate. Dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 15 to 20 minutes of bake time to prevent excessive browning.
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter; stir in brown sugar and half-and-half. Slowly heat to boiling; remove from heat. Stir in pecans; spread over top of pie. Place pie on cookie sheet
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until topping bubbles. Cool at least 1 hour before serving.