Apple Pie To Die For
Jennifer Fowler Hunsucker
- 2 c
- sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- 3/4 c
- 1/4 c
- ice water
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 2/3 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 5 c
- peeled and sliced apples
How to Make Apple Pie To Die For
- 1For your crust measure 2 cups of flour into a bowl and mix salt in with a fork. Cut Shortening in coarsely. Sprinkle water in 1 Tablespoon at a time, and mix with a fork until all the flour is dampened. Gather into a ball and roll out on a floured surface to make 2 crust for a 9-inch pie.
- 2Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line 9-inch pie pan with 1 pie crust from above recipe.
- 3Combine 1 Tablespoon of sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoon of flour in bottom of crust.
- 4In a sauce pan combine 1 cup of sugar, 3 Tablespoons of flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and water.
- 5cook over medium heat until boiling and thickened, stirring constantly. be careful not to burn.
- 6pour over apples and butter. Stir to coat them well, and pour into pie crust.
- 7place second crust over the apples, and pinch together along the edges to form a fluted crust. Cut vents into the top crust (I cut little designs in mine to make it pretty.)
- 8wrap aluminum foil loosely around the edges to keep the crust from burning as it cooks
- 9bake about 40 minutes, removing the foil for the last 5 minutes, until the crust is well browned