Apple Pie To Die For
Jennifer Fowler Hunsucker
2 csifted all-purpose flour
1/4 cice water
1 1/2 tspflour
5 cpeeled and sliced apples
How to Make Apple Pie To Die For
- For your crust measure 2 cups of flour into a bowl and mix salt in with a fork. Cut Shortening in coarsely. Sprinkle water in 1 Tablespoon at a time, and mix with a fork until all the flour is dampened. Gather into a ball and roll out on a floured surface to make 2 crust for a 9-inch pie.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line 9-inch pie pan with 1 pie crust from above recipe.
- Combine 1 Tablespoon of sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoon of flour in bottom of crust.
- In a sauce pan combine 1 cup of sugar, 3 Tablespoons of flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and water.
- cook over medium heat until boiling and thickened, stirring constantly. be careful not to burn.
- pour over apples and butter. Stir to coat them well, and pour into pie crust.
- place second crust over the apples, and pinch together along the edges to form a fluted crust. Cut vents into the top crust (I cut little designs in mine to make it pretty.)
- wrap aluminum foil loosely around the edges to keep the crust from burning as it cooks
- bake about 40 minutes, removing the foil for the last 5 minutes, until the crust is well browned