How to Make Apple Pie Sauce
- 1Combine 8 cups of water, sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil
- 2Combine 2 cups of water, cornstarch and lemon juice and slowly add to mixture. Boil until desired thickness has been achieved.
- 3Take off heat and place syrup into 1/2 pint jars and pint jars depending how you are going to use the syrup. Place lids on the jars and hot water bath them for 25 minutes.
- 4When done place jars on a towel and cool them. Check to make sure they have all sealed.
- 5This syrup can be used when making apple pie or apple crisp. Just pour over the apples and add the top crust for pie. For apple crisp fill a pan with diced apples. Pour syrup over top of apples then add a mixture of brown sugar and oatmeal on top and bake.