Apple Pie Filling
How to Make Apple Pie Filling
- 1Peel and slice apples, about 3/4 inch thick, into a large bowl. Add all ingredients. Stir with wooden spoon til apples are coated.
- 2If using right away put into 9 inch crust, dot with 2 Tbsp. butter. Glass plates, microwave for 15 minutes and bake at 450 for 30 to 35 minutes or til crust is golden and filling is bubbly.
Metal plates...bake at 425 for 45 to 50 minutes
- 3Apple pie filling is ready to be flash frozen, too. Put apple mixture into waxed paper lined pie plate and then freeze uncovered. When frozen solid, remove from freezer and lift out of pie plate. Slide into a gallon freezer storage bag til ready to be baked.
- 4To bake pie with frozen filling, simply make or buy a 9 inch double crust and plop the frozen filling into to. If using glass/ceramic dish, put in microwave for 15 minutes on high, then bake at 425 for 40 to 45 minutes or til crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly
- 5Metal pie plates go into a 425 oven for 50 to 55 minutes til crust is golden and filling is bubbly.