★★★★★ 2 votes5
1/2 cvegetable oil
5tart apples, peeled, cored, sliced
4 Tbspsugar or brown sugar
1 Tbsplemon juice
1/4 cbutter, softened
3 ozalmonds, sliced
How to Make Apple Pie Caramel Almond
- In small bowl, stir together flour, sugar and salt.
- With fork, beat together salad oil and milk.
- Stir oil mix into flour mix to make a soft dough.
- Press dough into 9 inch pie plate or 10 inch shallow au-gratin dish.
- Press edges to make sides about 1 inch high in gratin dish; make sides come to top of pie plate.
- Bake at 425 for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- While crust bakes, prepare apples.
- Mix with sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.
- Turn into baked pie shell.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add sugar, flour, cinnamon and almonds.
- Boil 1 minute, stirring.
- Pour over apples in pan to coat evenly.
- Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes or until caramel topping is golden and bubbly.
- Cool before serving.
- Serve with sour cream, or lightly sweetened whipped cream.