Apple Pie Bars
I am not the best at making a crust but this crust is great and so easy to make
- 1 - 8 0z pkg
- philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 c
- butter (softened)
- 3 1/4 c
- flour, saving back the 1/4 c. of flour
- granny smith apples or any apple of your choice
- 1 1/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 3/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Apple Pie Bars
- 1HEAT oven to 400ºF.
- 2BEAT cream cheese and butter in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Gradually add 3 cups flour, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- 3Shape into 2 balls. Place 1 ball on large lightly floured sheet of waxed paper; flatten slightly. Cover with second floured sheet of waxed paper. Roll out dough to 15-1/2x10-1/2-inch rectangle. Discard top sheet of waxed paper.
- 4SPRAY 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray; invert over rolled-out dough. Flip dough and pan together. (Pan will be on bottom.) Remove second waxed paper sheet; gently press dough onto bottom and up side of pan.
- 5Toss apples with remaining flour, granulated sugar and cinnamon; spread onto bottom of crust.
- 6REPEAT rolling out of remaining dough ball to make second rectangle. Remove top sheet of waxed paper; carefully flip dough over apples. Discard waxed paper. Tuck edges of dough down sides of pan to enclose apples. Make several slits in top crust to vent.
BAKE 35 to 40 min. or until golden brown.
- 7COOL dessert 15 min. Meanwhile, mix powdered sugar and water. Drizzle glaze over dessert. Cool 30 min. before cutting into bars.