Apple Pie Baked in the Apple.
How to Make Apple Pie Baked in the Apple.
- Heat oven to 375%
- Cut off the top of 4 apples off and discard. Remove the inside of each apple with a spoon very carefully, as to not puncture the peel.
- Remove skin from 2 additional apples and slice very thinly. These apple pieces will give you filling needed to fill the four apples you are baking.
- Mix sliced apples with sugars and cinnamon in a bowl. If you prefer more or less cinnamon and sugar, make adjustments as desired.
- Scoop sliced apples into hollow apples.
- Roll out pie crust and slice into 1/4 inch strips.
- (You can also add a strip of pastry inside the top of the apple almost like a liner to add a little more texture/sweetness to the pie. )
- Cover the top of the apple in a lattice pattern with pie crust strips.
- Place apples in an 8×8 pan. Add just enough water to the cover the bottom of the pan. Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and sliced apples are soft.