Apple Pie Baked in the Apple.
How to Make Apple Pie Baked in the Apple.
- 1Heat oven to 375%
- 2Cut off the top of 4 apples off and discard. Remove the inside of each apple with a spoon very carefully, as to not puncture the peel.
- 3Remove skin from 2 additional apples and slice very thinly. These apple pieces will give you filling needed to fill the four apples you are baking.
- 4Mix sliced apples with sugars and cinnamon in a bowl. If you prefer more or less cinnamon and sugar, make adjustments as desired.
- 5Scoop sliced apples into hollow apples.
- 6Roll out pie crust and slice into 1/4 inch strips.
- 7(You can also add a strip of pastry inside the top of the apple almost like a liner to add a little more texture/sweetness to the pie. )
- 8Cover the top of the apple in a lattice pattern with pie crust strips.
- 9Place apples in an 8×8 pan. Add just enough water to the cover the bottom of the pan. Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 10Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and sliced apples are soft.