☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
121 ounce apple pie filling
1 pkgrefrigerated pie crust only use 1 or your own pie crust recipe
1egg slightly beaten
How to Make Apple pie baked in an Apple
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice the top off each of your apples using a knife and spoon.
- In a bowl mix apple pie filling with cinnamon. Spoon into each apple.
- Unroll 1 pie crust and cut into 4ths. Cut each quarter into 1/4 inch strips.
- Lay strips of dough on top of apple. Then take one strip at a time and alternate weaving it over and under the pie strips already on the apple.
- Repeat until top of apple has been covered. Trim excess pie crust around the edges. Lightly brush egg over top of each crust.
- Place apples in baking dish and fill with 1/4 inch of water. Bake for 20-25 minutes till crust is golden.
- The scooped out apple you can cook in pan and add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 tablesoon of sugar. Can add to scooped out apple with the pie filling.