★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 7 large red delicious apples, peeled and quartered
- 1 c
- light brown sugar , pressed down
- 1 stick
- 1 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- unbleached flour
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- crisco shortening
- add enough ice water to moisten dough
How to Make Apple Pie
- 1For pie crust:
cut shortening into flour,salt. Add ice water a tablespoon at a time until dough comes together but not sticky.
Cut dough in half and roll out to fit a deep dish pie pan. One on the bottom and one for the top. Leave 1/2" hanging over.
- 2Over medium heat, add apples, butter , cinnamon and sugar and cook until tender with a lid. About 30 mintues. Remove from heat.
- 3Pour apple filling into pie plate and cover with top dough. Using your thumb and first finger, crimp together edges and twist to decorate. I add additional butter slices on top and sprinkle cinnamon and white sugar on top for extra sweetness.
Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.