Apple Pear Pie
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The tartness of the Granny Smith apples combines with the delightful sweetness of the pears to make for one to-die-for pie! A terrifically well done pie.
NOTE: We used two pie crusts, one for the bottom and one for the top. The Test Kitchen
- pear, fresh, peeled, cored and sliced
- apples, granny smith, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- deep dish pie crust
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 stick
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- white sugar
- 1 c
- brown sugar, light
How to Make Apple Pear Pie
- 2In a medium saucepan add the pears, apples, butter minus 2 tablespoons, vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and both sugars (minus 2 tablespoons of the white). Boil for 25 minutes.
- 3Pour into pie crust, then top with the second crust. Put in your air holes wherever you want. Bake for 10 minutes.
- 4Add the rest of the sugar, cinnamon and butter in a small saucepan. Heat until melted.
- 5Spoon onto the half-baked pie. Then put back into the oven and bake for 25 minutes more or until golden brown. Let cool and serve.
- 6Tip: Serve with vanilla ice cream if you want to serve hot.