Apple Mince Walnut Pie
- 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 dash(es)
- 1/8 tsp
- 4 c
- apples, peeled and chopped
- 3 c
- 1/2 c
- walnuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, cold
- 9 inch double crust pie crust
How to Make Apple Mince Walnut Pie
- 1Combine sugar, flour, spices and salt in bowl. Add apples, mix lightly.
- 2Add mincemeat and walnuts, mix.
- 3Heap into pastry lined 9-inch pie pan, dot with butter. Adjust top crust, flute edges, cut vents. Brush top crust with milk, sprinkle with sugar.
- 4Bake in 425 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until crust is browned and apples are tender. Cool on rack.
- 5NOTES : Use a combination of cooking apples such as Jonagold, Jonathan, Macintosh, Rome, Newton Pippen, Winesap or Golden Delicious for the best flavor. You can use homemade or commercial mincemeat in this.