Apple CRUMB pie
Will have pictures very soon!!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pkgstore bought pie crust or your own recipe
***YOU CAN ALSO TRY MY RECIPE FOR PIE CRUST, SEARCH: "FLAKEY BUTTERY PIE CRUST"***
6 largegranny smith apples
1 csugar, divided
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed, divided
1/4 ccorn starch
2 tspapple pie spice, divided
1 stickreal butter (margarine is too soft and will not create a crumb)
1 call purpose flour
How to Make Apple CRUMB pie
- Juice lemons in small bowl, set aside.
- Peal apples and remove core. Slice apples as thin as possible. Place in a large mixing bowl.
Coat apples with the lemon juice to prevent discoloring.
- Sprinkle corn starch over apples and gently toss.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp. apple pie spice over apples and toss to evenly coat (may want more spice depending on your own taste).
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add flour, the remaining sugars and pie spice (again you may want to add more spice if needed).
- Cut in butter. Use a pastry cutter to mix crumb mixture until pea sized balls form.
- Dump apples into pie crust.
- Completely cover apples with crumb mixture.
- Bake 375 degree for 50mins.
DO NOT TAKE OUT OF OVEN. TURN OFF AFTER 50mins. AND LET COOL IN OVEN ATLEAST 3hrs.
***you may want to cover your crust with aluminum foil to prevent burning***