Apple CRUMB pie
Will have pictures very soon!!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 pkg
- store bought pie crust or your own recipe
- 6 large
- granny smith apples
- 1 c
- sugar, divided
- 1 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed, divided
- 1/4 c
- corn starch
- 2 tsp
- apple pie spice, divided
- 1 stick
- real butter (margarine is too soft and will not create a crumb)
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- lemons, squeezed
***YOU CAN ALSO TRY MY RECIPE FOR PIE CRUST, SEARCH: "FLAKEY BUTTERY PIE CRUST"***
How to Make Apple CRUMB pie
- 1Juice lemons in small bowl, set aside.
- 2Peal apples and remove core. Slice apples as thin as possible. Place in a large mixing bowl.
Coat apples with the lemon juice to prevent discoloring.
- 3Sprinkle corn starch over apples and gently toss.
- 4Sprinkle 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp. apple pie spice over apples and toss to evenly coat (may want more spice depending on your own taste).
- 5In a medium sized mixing bowl, add flour, the remaining sugars and pie spice (again you may want to add more spice if needed).
- 6Cut in butter. Use a pastry cutter to mix crumb mixture until pea sized balls form.
- 7Dump apples into pie crust.
- 8Completely cover apples with crumb mixture.
- 9Bake 375 degree for 50mins.
DO NOT TAKE OUT OF OVEN. TURN OFF AFTER 50mins. AND LET COOL IN OVEN ATLEAST 3hrs.
***you may want to cover your crust with aluminum foil to prevent burning***