Apple Cranberry Raspberry Pie
Apples, cranberries, raspberries and almond flavoring thickened with tapioca. Recipe and photo came from Crisco.
- 3 c
- cored, peeled, chopped granny smith apples (about 3 medium)
- 2 c
- coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 pkg
- 10 oz frozen dry pack raspberries, thawed
- 1 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/8 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- almond extract
- 1 large
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Apple Cranberry Raspberry Pie
- 1Prepare recipe for double crust pie. Roll out dough for bottom crust. Place in 9" pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate. Do not bake.
- 2Heat oven to 375 degrees F
- 3Combine apples, cranberries and raspberries in large bowl. Mix sugar, tapioca, cinnamon, salt and almond extract in small bowl. Add to fruit mixture, toss well.
Spoon into unbaked crust.
- 4Roll out dough for top crust. Place onto filled pie. Trim 1/2 inch beyond edge. Fold top crust under bottom crust to seal. Crimp and flute edges. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to allow steam to escape.
- 5Beat egg with 1 tablespoon water. Brush on surface of pie. Sprinkle with sugar. Cover edge with foil to prevent over browning.
Bake 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake an additional 25-35 minutes or until filling in center is bubbly. Serve warm.