Apple Blueberry Bottomless Pie
- 2 Tbsp
- 3 large
- apples peeled and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- fresh blueberries
- 2 sprig(s)
- each rosemary and thyme (trust me it's good)
- 2 1/2 oz
- slivered almonds
- 1/4 c
- 1 1/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 6 Tbsp
- cold butter sliced into 6 pieces
- 5 Tbsp
- ice water
How to Make Apple Blueberry Bottomless Pie
- 1For the topping. Place almonds and sugar in food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add the flour and salt. Pulse the mixture until combined. Drop in the butter and pulse until butter is reduced to pea size bits. Add the water 1 tbsp. at a time and pulse until the mixture comes together. Knead on a lightly floured board until well mixed. Place in plastic wrap and set in refrigerator for 1 hour
- 2For the filling add butter to large skillet. Add the apples and sugar. Throw in the rosemary and thyme sprigs. Cook until apples are softened about 10 minutes.
- 3Remove the thyme and rosemary sprigs and discard. Add the flour, cinnamon and salt. Cook and stir until the mixture thickens a bit. Fold in the blueberries.
- 4Pour the apple mixture in pie dish. Preheat oven 350 degrees. Roll out the dough into a square and cut into varying size pieces.
- 5Place the dough over top the filling in a random arrangement. Leave some space to allow steam escape
- 6Bake 30 to 45 minutes. until dough is cooked and filling is bubbly.
- 7Serve warm with whip cream or vanilla ice cream