Angel Pecan Pie
How to Make Angel Pecan Pie
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add 1 cup sugar a little at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Continue beating until mixture holds soft peaks.
- Spoon mixture into an 8" pie plate to form a shell.
- Pull up mixture into peaks around edge of plate with back of spoon.
- Spread evenly.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool thoroughly on a wire cake rack.
- Mix cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and almond flavoring.
- Whip until thick and shiny. Spoon into cold pie shell.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup chopped pecans round edge of cream.
- Using a sharp knife, cut like a pie.
- Makes 6 - 8 servings.