Angel Pecan Pie
How to Make Angel Pecan Pie
- 1Beat egg whites until foamy.
- 2Add 1 cup sugar a little at a time, beating after each addition.
- 3Add 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 4Continue beating until mixture holds soft peaks.
- 5Spoon mixture into an 8" pie plate to form a shell.
- 6Pull up mixture into peaks around edge of plate with back of spoon.
- 7Spread evenly.
- 8Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- 9Cool thoroughly on a wire cake rack.
- 10Mix cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and almond flavoring.
- 11Whip until thick and shiny. Spoon into cold pie shell.
- 12Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup chopped pecans round edge of cream.
- 13Using a sharp knife, cut like a pie.
- 14Makes 6 - 8 servings.