- ** flaky pie crust- cooked & cooled
- 1 - 7 oz
- package flaked coconut (2 2/3 cups), toasted
- 1/3 c
- margarine or butter, melted
- 1 -14 oz
- can eagle brand® sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1/3 c
- lemon juice from concentrate
- 1 -17 oz
- can fruit cocktail, well drained
- 1/2 c
- slivered almonds,or peanuts toasted and chopped
- 1/4 c
- chopped maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1 - 4 oz
- container frozen non-dairy whipped topping,
- additional fruit, optional
How to Make Ambrosia Pie
- 1Combine coconut and margarine. Reserving 2 tablespoons coconut mixture, press remainder firmly on bottom and up side to rim of 9-inch pieplate.Chill.
- 2In large bowl, combine Eagle Brand, lemon juice,
fruit cocktail, almonds and cherries; mix well.
Fold in whipped topping.
- 3Pour into prepared crust.
- 4Garnish with reserved coconut and additional fruit if desired. Chill 4 hours or until set. Refrigerate leftovers.