Amazing S'mores Pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- large eggs
- 6 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- cornstarch, sifted
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 c
- 2 tsp
- vanilla divided
- 7 oz
- semi sweet chocolate chips melted
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- butter cubed at room temperature
- 9" graham cracker pie crust (homemade or prepackaged
- large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 1 jar(s)
- marshmallow cream
- 1 tsp
How to Make Amazing S'mores Pie
- 1To make the filling: Whisk egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch and salt in a heat proofroof bowl until thick and pale. Bring milk to a gentle boil in a medium saucepan.
- 2Whisk 1/2 cup of milk into egg yolks until well blended. Whisk remaining milk into egg mix in a steady stream.
- 3Set egg mixture over a medium saucepan of simmering water. Do not let bowl touch the hot water. Cook mixture, whisking consistantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until thick and glossy. Remove bowl from heat and whisk in 1 tsp. of vanilla and melted chocolate. Let mixture cool for 3 minutes. Whisk in butter til mixture is smooth. Cover with plastic wrap to prevent film from forming being careful to touch the top of the mixture. Cool for 30 minutes or until it reaches room temperature.
- 4Pour filling into crust. Cover and chill for 3 hours.
- 5Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff. Gently fold in Marshmallow cream. Add vanilla and fold in gently until completely mixed in.
- 6To put together: Spoon half of meringue mixture around edges of pie making sure it touches crust all around.
Loosely pile remaining topping into big mounds.
Bake at 425 degrees for 7 or 8 minutes or until golden brown. Will keep in refrigerator for 3 days.
Hate the author of the recipe