Almond Tart with Lemon Curd1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 calmonds, finely chopped
1.25 cflour, sifted
1/2 cbutter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
LEMON CURD INGREDIENTS
3/4 clemon juice
·sweetened whipped cream
·fresh fruit, cut up
How to Make Almond Tart with Lemon Curd
- Mix almonds, flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt in bowl.
- Rub butter pieces, bit by bit, into flour.
- Stir in egg and vanilla to form ball.
- Roll out onto 12-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Weight down with beans placed on waxed paper.
- Bake at 350 until golden, about 20 minutes.
- To make filling, mix egg yolks, 3/4 to 1 cup sugar and lemon juice in top of double boiler.
- Cook, stirring constantly over simmering water, until mixture coats back of metal spoon.
- Do not allow to boil.
- Remove from heat and whisk in 1/2 cup butter, bit by bit, until melted and smooth.
- Pour lemon curd into cooled tart shell.
- Chill until set.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Garnish with whipped cream and fruit.