"a" for Apple Pie
8granny smith apples
1 jar(s)of your favorte carmel topping
2 cchopped walnuts
1/3 cdried cranberries
1/3 cdark risins
·your favorite double pie crust recipe or a box of 2 crust from your store
1egg, beaten to brush on top of pie
How to Make "a" for Apple Pie
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Peel and slice your apples and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle enough flour or corn startch to cover all the apple slices.
- Using a deep dish pie plate. Place the first pie crust on the bottom of your pie plate.
- Pour in your carmel sauce, sprinkle with chopped walnuts, dried cranberries and raisins.
- Place sliced apples evenly over all and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Place the butter in dots across the top of mixture.
- Place top crust on pie and turn ends under to seal and decorate as disired.
- Brush pie with beaten egg using a pastry brush and sprinkle a little sugar on it.
- Place strips of foil around edges to prevent burning and place in oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until top crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place on rack to cool.
- Serve by itself or with ice cream or whipped cream.