5-STEP Easy Quiche
- 1 pkg
- frozen deep-dish pie shells (2 per pack)
- 16 oz
- heavy whipping cream (half & half can also be used)
- 8 medium
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 12 oz
- cheese, shredded (i use a mixture of swiss, provolone, romano & parmesan, but you can use any kind of cheese you like!)
- one or more of the “mix in ideas” in step #6
How to Make 5-STEP Easy Quiche
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- 2In a large bowl, wisk together heavy cream, eggs, salt & pepper.
- 3Spread half the shredded cheese (4-6 oz.) in each frozen pie shell evenly. Sprinkle your choice of “Mix In Idea” on top of cheese in each pie shell.
- 4Pour half of the egg/cream mixture over each pie shell. Gently submerse any cheese and “mix in” with wisk or fork.
- 5Bake pies for 15 minutes @ 400 degrees. Reduce temperature to 350, and bake an additional 30-35 minutes, until golden brown. Allow pies to cool approx. 20-30 minutes before cutting. Refrigerate leftover portions. Pies can also be frozen!
- 6*Mix in ideas:
Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed, squeezed DRY, and separated
Frozen veggies (broccoli, asparagus, etc.) chopped, steamed and drained well
Fresh veggies, chopped (mushrooms, onions, broccoli, tomato, etc.)
1 3oz. pkg crumbled 100% real bacon (in the salad dressing isle)
Pre-cooked frozen sausage links or patties, thawed and chopped
Chopped ham or turkey
Sautéed onion or mushroom
Dry mustard and chopped red pepper to spice it up a bit
Garlic, basil, sun-dried tomatoes, or any other ideas you have!
TIPS: The amount of “Mix In’s” & cheese used depends on your taste. More cheese, less “mix in” or vise versa. If you just want a cheese quiche, you can add even more cheese!!