Zucchini Dessert Squares
4 call-purpose flour
2 cgranulated sugar
1 1/2 ccold butter (3 sticks)
8 - 10 cpeeled, seeded, cubed zucchini (4 - 5 pounds)
2/3 clemon juice
1 cgranulated sugar
How to Make Zucchini Dessert Squares
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Cut in butter until crumbly; set aside 3 cups of this mixture.
- Pat remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of a greased 13"x9"x2" pan. Bake at 375 for 12 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, make the filling. Place zucchini and lemon juice in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook gently for 6 to 8 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Stir in sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. The mixture will be thin.
- Spoon over crust, and sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden.