Zinfandel Port Balls
Adapted from Sunset
- 1 pkg (12 oz) vanilla sandwich cookies
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 cup pecans,whole, and 3/4 cups pecans coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup zinfandel port or other port
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
How to Make Zinfandel Port Balls
- 1In a food processor, whirl vanilla wafers, cocoa powder and 1 cup whole pecans until fine crumbs form.
Add Port and corn syrup to the crumb mixture and whirl again until blended. Scoop out the sticky mixture into a bowl and add 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans. Mix in pecans with a spoon until fully incorporated.
Roll into 1-inch balls and place on parchment paper.
Roll each ball in powdered sugar