Yin-Yang Raspberry and Mandarin Orange Tart
- 1 partially baked 9 inch tart shell
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp. sweet butter, cubed
- 4 oz. almond paste
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. mandarin orange liqueur
- 1/4 tsp. orange flower water
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups mandarin orange segments`
- 1/2 cup marmalade glaze, recipe follows
How to Make Yin-Yang Raspberry and Mandarin Orange Tart
- 1Cream the sugar, butter and almond paste in a food processor. Add 1 egg, process to mix. Add second egg and process til smooth. Add liqueur and flower water (found in liquor stores) then process to blend. Pour mixture into partially baked shell. Bake 25 to 30 minutes in center of preheated 350 oven til top is evenly browned and puffed. Remove the tart to a rack to cool.
- 2Arrange the segments in a yin yang pattern on top of the cooled filling. Brush the warm glaze thinly but evenly on top of the fruit and along the edge of the tart shell. Remove rim of the tart pan before serving, by centering the tart on your hand or a can.
- 3Marmalade Glaze:
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1 Tbsp. water
1 Tbsp. Mandarin orange uniquer
1 tsp. lemon juice
Mix all ingredients and heat til marmalade liquefies.